The following links will provide a guide to importing and exporting data between Xero and Deputy. The main rule to remember is that everything is on a location basis. For each each location in deputy, you will need a integration to Xero.
Xero Award Interpretation
If a business has different pay rates for different hours or days worked, the Xero Award Interpretation can be utilised to ensure that the data exported from deputy is assigned to the correct pay rate in Xero. For example, any time worked on public holidays is automatically assigned to the public holiday pay rate in Xero.
For each different pay rate, a pay item will need to be created in Xero and assigned to an employees pay template using the following Syntax format:
Number Name [DAY][FROMTIME-TOTIME][MIN-MAX][TRACKING]
- Number - Order from most common to least common.
- Name - Name of Pay Rate.
- [DAY] - Day of week rate applies to.
- [FROMTIME-TOTIME] - Time of day that rate applies to.
- [MIN-MAX] - Hours of a shift that rate applies to.
- [TRACKING] - Restricts the pay rate to a certain rostering area. (eg. Management)
Fixed Daily Allowances
If employees receive a fixed daily allowance such as laundry (see travel allowance example above), the following Syntax can be utilised:
- [once_per_day_0914] - sets allowance to occur once per day.
- [0.0-1.0] - applies allowance to first hour only.
This will result in an additional unit of pay to be exported to Xero on top of the usual timesheet.
Further information on the Xero Award Interpretation can be found here.
Updating and Syncing Pay Rates
When an employee's pay rates or any other details are updated in Xero, it is then necessary to refresh that employees Xero integration in Deputy. If there are any approved time sheets that the new details apply to, the time sheet will need to be unapproved and then re approved before exporting to Xero. The integration can be refreshed by following the video below.