Once your Paypal Account is set-up in Xero, please follow the below steps to turn on your automatic feeds in Xero:
Step 1: Verify your email address
You would have received a link from Xero to verify your email address. Go to the email from Xero and click the email verification link.
Step 2: Add API Permissions in your Paypal Account
- Go into your Paypal account
- Locate the My Selling Tools link.
- The location changes depending on the type of PayPal account you have. It is generally under "Profile" near the top of the page.
- Next to API access click Update.
- In the Option 1 box select Grant API permission or Add or edit API permissions (if you already have an API added).
- In the Third Party Permission Username field, type: paypal_api1.xero.com
- Click Lookup.
- Check the boxes Obtain information about a single transaction and Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results.
- Click Add.
After setting up your feed, it may take 24 hours for your first statement to be imported.