In some circumstances you may wish to create a refund to a customer without receipting the products back into stock. For example where a customer was charged the incorrect price on a product and you have already received payment.
The following steps detail a workaround to process refunds without the customer returning the products.
- Create a new product called "Refund - No Return" (or something similiar) with no supply price ,retail price, no GST/Tax, and un-track inventory.
- Create a new sale to the customer
- Select the "Refund - No Return" product and enter a quantity of negative 1 and the amount you wish to refund the customer
- Complete the sale and choose the payment type i.e. Cash, Credit Card
- Provide the cash or process the credit card refund to the customer.
If you wish to process a refund with a return of the products please refer to this Vend support article.