Liveadvisor is a service included in all of our Business Essentials Plans. Its purpose is to put out little spot fires before they become raging bushfires through lack of action. We want to give you the peace of mind that you have someone to ask the day to day questions you need to be answered to keep your business running smoothly.
You should feel comfortable contacting us for any matter. We'll either resolve it straight away or if we can't, we'll let you know the next steps to do so.
What does Liveadvisor cover?
Liveadvisor covers general accounting, bookkeeping and Xero related questions you or your team has, that can be answered in a 15-minute phone call or email response.
We are happy to assist with as many questions that fall under the scope of Liveadvisor as you can throw at us! We want to help you get the answer you need.
However, it is on the condition that you take our advice and learn along the way. If we are consistently advising you on the same matter then we may need to put in place a separate engagement to help you on a one-off or ongoing basis (e.g. a bookkeeping engagement).
The following are some common examples of matters that we can help you with under the scope of Liveadvisor:
- Questions about how to use Xero. For example:
- Where to reconcile a particular bank transaction in Xero.
- How to enter a sale or purchase invoice.
- How to set up employees and process new pay runs.
- Finding the right reports.
- Questions about the deductibility of common expenses.
- Provision of documents and financial information i.e. tax returns for loan applications.
- Guidance on best practice bookkeeping processes.
What doesn't Liveadvisor cover?
Many business topics, especially tax, are complex even when they may seem simple. Often they need investigation in the context of your particular circumstances. Generally, anything that requires further analysis or the technical review of the most senior members of our team, will fall outside the scope of Liveadvisor.
If the matter can't be resolved within the scope of Liveadvisor, we'll let you know the steps required to resolve the matter and provide a separate proposal to help. This way you'll know the steps and costs involved before any work is completed.
If the matter is something we can confidently answer or resolve under the scope of Liveadvisor we will. However, we'll apply our professional judgement and discretion as to whether it is something that Liveadvisor covers. This is to ensure you get the best outcome and that we meet our professional and legal obligations to you, our professional body and our insurance provider.
The following are some common examples of matters that fall outside the scope of Liveadvisor:
- Advice on wage rates and employee awards (i.e. how much you have to pay your employees).
- Processing payroll or the correction of payroll errors including amending previously posted pay runs.
- Bookkeeping or the correction of bookkeeping errors.
- Support for applications connected to Xero or resolving errors in Xero caused by connected applications.