The following article is intended to provide client guidance on how to advise the ATO that a tax return is not required.
- Log in to the ATO via your myGov account.
- Go to the lodgements tab and click on non-lodgement advice. (Note: Non-lodgement advice will not be an option if ATO data suggests you do need to lodge a return.)
- Enter the requested information.
- If you would prefer to do this by phone, you can call the ATO (13 28 61) and advise that a return is not necessary.
- You will need to log in to the ATO Business Portal.
- Through the secure mail function, send a message to submit this request in writing.
- In the message, you will need to state the ABN and advise the ATO why no return is required. They will then contact you if they require any further information.